"Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like."

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Another reason to adore the new neighbor next door

In addition to being cute, extremely nice and friendly, and the fact that he remembered my name after our first conversation, when I was walking towards the building the other day, I noticed a sticker he must've just placed in his window, and it said: "Obama, '08." Yay, he's a smart one, i.e., not a Republican!

ADDENDUM: I realize the word "Republican" is a generalization and that there are some who are exceptions and are not fans of Bush, or politicians who act like idiots, and those people are obviously excluded. However, while I do not think all Republicans are stupid, I am highly opposed to a lot of things that Republicans condone, like owning guns, being anti-abortion, being anti-gay, being too religious, and not caring much about the environment, to name a few, oh yeah, and voting for Bush. While I'm at it, even though I know at least a couple of good Texans, despite being Republican (UGH!), I really don't like Texas, and that is totally based on having lived there and not just the fact that Bush is from there, but that definitely doesn't help. I do like the people as I have gotten to know them personally and happened to really like them, regardless of where they're from. As for the rest of the south, I have no regrets about my opinions about those people, because I have met a few freaks from a few southern states who fit every stereotype, and as for the very few decent ones that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting, oh well! Don't worry, there also plenty of freaks up north too, but being blue states relieves some of the weight of my dislike.

Republican ideology though is not something I am willing to say appeals to me or my senses and understanding of the world. I am OK with people believing what the want to believe, but if they voted for Bush or still think he's a good president, then I have no problems calling them stupid.

8 comments:

TheStolenOlive said...

He sounds like a keeper!

Go OBAMA!!!

Holy Schmidt said...

I love you, but sometimes I want to kick you in your knee.

I live in Texas. I own guns. We DON'T hunt. I hate Bush. I love Obama. I am a Republican.

Also, not stupid.

Gerneralizations suck.

Muah!

Love you!

Felony Melanie

KULA said...

FutureStar - Yes indeed!

Mel - I know, I meant to put a comment about it being a generalization and how there are exceptions. There, happy now?

Anonymous said...

Question - why is everyone going crazy for Obama? The media was asking him if he would run for president before he even spent 1 day in the senate. I'm not sure what he has accomplished, I don't like how inexperienced he is or how he has spent so much time promoting himself (2 books?). I really, really hope that Gore decides to run because I am not a fan of Hillary either.

Ali

KULA said...

Ali - I am also not a big fan of Obama running in these elections, because I think he would be better off if he waited to gain more experience. My post was really more about the guy living next door and the fact that he's not Republican :)
I do not want to see Gore run for anything, he'll bore the whole country to sleep, although, politically speaking he's a lot more experienced.
I happen to enjoy the fact that Hillary is running, and I have a whole long post about her coming up in a few weeks when I'm less busy, but the hatred people have for that woman is inexplicable. She's never done anything. The worst is that women hate her the most, and you would think women would be all for the woman who achieved a lot, who is intelligent, who stood by her husband when he cheated, who understand more politics than any other woman right now in the political scene. Please, Laura Bush is not even worth her weight in onion peel. She seems to be a good wife who doesn't have much to say, and women love her. So much for equality and women's suffrage when they love the "house wife" type and not the independent intelligent one.
Moving on, I also like John Edwards, he has the experience, and he has been a lot more honest than most other politicians, much to my liking, and probably much to his detriment. But I really like him.
We'll see who else pops up in these elections.

Anonymous said...

Well, I will be excited to read your post about Hillary. Right now I see her as a Democrat talented with double speak, but you are right in that my perception could be the media's influence. I agree with John Edwards. He does seem so much more seasoned now with a true perspective.

Ali

Nessa said...

It'll be interesting to see how this one turns out, but I am thusfar pleased with the Obama guy. Yay for the non-republican neighbor!!!

Daisy said...

Why on earth anyone would think Bush has been or ever will be a good president is beyond me. I believe they must be very uninformed. Issues such as being anti-abortion, anti-gay, being fanatically religious and not caring about the environment (which to me is hypocritical...you are a religious freak but you don't give a shit about the environment...HHHMMM think about it) just touch on the reasons I am opposed to Republicans.

I have nothing against Obama, but I do think he lacks experience. I like Hilary, but I know so many who don't. I REALLY like John Edwards. Maybe John could get Obama as a running mate.

That being said, I am happy to hear your new neighbor is not Republican.

Manblogger says, "Aman sister!!!"