"Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like."

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Silly brothers

Conversation between me and my brother while sipping tea on a sidewalk cafe

"Sis, you're too tense, you really need help."

"I'm just tired and stressed because of work."

"You know what you need?"

"Good sex!"

He gets a shocked look on his face and pretends like he's about to reach over and smack me across the face... this is the same guy that not only tells me he has sex, he has at times told me way more than I wanted to know...

"NOOOO... you need the Relaxi Taxi!"

He has obviously just seen that one Friends episode. Hello? No one has seen that show as much as I have, I know when someone uses a "Friends" quote.

"Yeah, I need a good nice massage."

"Sure..."

"I need a nice loooong relaxing massage from a guy masseuse."

By this point my brother has completely given up on me thinking his "borrowed" joke is funny, and is obviously not at all interested in whether I am stressed or not.

Seriously, I need... umm... a massage... from my cute neighbor. WHO, by the way, just called me randomly today to chat on the phone, because he's traveling and he thought of me. How cute is that? I know, CUTE! We made plans for next week when he gets back in town.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

again: go get him. noone says you should marry him or anything. just go get your massage as soon as he's back. seriously. :)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha...

The last person that talked to me while in a trip married me seven and a half years ago!

(I am not saying that he's going to do so, I am just sharing, OK?)...

I did not meant to scare you, either... :P

And yes, you should go get him, period.

Kranki said...

Yummy! Cute neighbour. What cracks me up is that the bros are all about shocking the sisters but when you saying something shocking back they get all weird about it. Pussies!

KULA said...

Kim - Not going to marry him. We did hang out and have some wine tonight. Good times!

Julio - Thanks for sharing! We'll see.

Kranki - Yeah, brothers are odd! They get over it at some point I guess!

Kimberley said...

Sometimes I think your life is like that show, you know "My Boys" or whatever it's called. Clearly you need to go to a game.