"Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like."

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Twin Cities

My new home, the Twin Cities. It's ridiculous, because I never thought I would be living here. I have visited this place a couple of times, and while it was fun each and every time, I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would call it home. So, for now, I have moved my life, my cats, and a few of my possessions (but all my kitchen stuff) up here from good old Chicago. When people ask me what I think so far, I say "well, it's no Chicago, but for 8 months, I had Chicago but had no job, and now, I have a job." It's nice that for a change I will be able to see my savings stay still or maybe even *GASP* start increasing again! MAYBE!

All that being said, I actually like the Twin Cities. I love my new apartment that I am renting. And God help me, I actually wish I didn't own a condo in Chicago, so I would feel even LESS attached. Though quite honestly, the attachment feeling is less with the physical possessions (the walls of the condo, which are really nice, after I painted them), and more with the people. I miss the people greatly. The people I saw day in and day out. Sometimes, I only saw them once in a while, but the fact that now I need to drive/fly 400 miles to be able to see them does cause me some distress. I love MY PEOPLE! But then again, all that love wasn't going to pay the mortgage, and I didn't know how long it would have been before I got another opportunity offered to me, let alone one that is actually what I had been looking for (albeit not in Minnesota).

Slowly, I will get into the groove of things, I will make friends, and I will be able to truly enjoy all aspects of my life here. No, that's not at all a replacement of anyone I left behind in Chicago, especially family (which is irreplaceable), but it's a way of coping and managing, and making the best of life. That's what I plan on doing, make the best of the life I am offered.

3 comments:

Manblogger641 said...

Good luck in your new place and congrats with the new job.

Profit-izing the Love said...

I'm so happy that you've found a new job and I hope the rest falls into place really easily.

Daisy said...

Good Luck with everything.