"Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like."

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thought I'd let you know

I haven't been around here much lately. Mainly because nothing exciting is going on in my life. I just work work work, and NOT work out or clean. I am a little sick of bullshit, so I am trying to cut it out of my life. I am becoming less and less capable of putting up with people's bullshit. I have become really intolerant of people who are pretentious. I don't know, maybe it's not good leading a blunt existence, but I'd rather not put up facades and bottle up my true feelings. I make less of an effort with people that I don't think are worthy of my time. The things is, I am totally OK doing that, and that's the change.

I saw recently "Forgetting Sarah Marshall." It was OK, kind of funny, but the kind of funny that doesn't really stick with you, and you definitely can't quote it. I am a total guy when it comes to that, I LOVE quoting movies. It's a guy thing. No, no, it's a DUDE thing, and I love doing it. There are very few movies I quote, and very few quotes from them. I know a guy who can carry on a whole conversation with movie quotes. It's tiring, and lame. I try to be neither. Anyway, "Sarah Marshall" had a little more frontal nudity than I would've liked to see. I think the guy is just so proud of his penis that he wanted to show it off. I just happen to not like seeing it on a big screen, or a small one, for that matter.

I was in Mexico, again, last weekend. This time, Cabo. It was lovely, the weather was perfect, not a cloud in the sky. I went zip-lining and parasailing, and other than that, I napped on a lounge chair by the pool and the ocean. Exactly the kind of thing I was looking for at the end of this awful Chicago winter. In a couple of weeks I have another trip planned, this one mostly for work though. After that I will be off planes for a while. I am just getting SO tired of the whole thing: go to airport, get on plane, hate people sitting around me, get off plane, do something, and get back to airport, etc. UGH! There may or may not be a trip to Europe again in the fall. We'll see. All I know is that I will be here for New Year's because one of my favorite people promised that she will be here with her beau, and they're even staying with me, and she better not be even thinking about changing her mind. I even have two kitties ready to cuddle with them. You know who you are :)

Overall, life has been moving constantly at a boring level. I have reached boredom equilibrium. The pH of my life is a perfect 7. It is levitating at a comfortable too-boring-to-blog-about place. But I thought I'd get on here and tell you all that I am still alive. Not that anyone asked!

3 comments:

Daisy said...

Getting away is always fun. Especially a nice warm place. I do know what you mean about airports though.

Daisy said...

PS. I don't like pretentious either.

Anonymous said...

so how's you doin'? miss ya! :)

PS: i bought a new couch for you to sleep on!